Las Vegas, NV a.k.a. Sin City, Entertainment Capital of The World
Did you know...
- In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital had to suspend workers who were betting on when patients would die. One nurse was even accused of murdering a patient so she would win.
- It would take 288 years for one person to spend one night in every hotel room in Las Vegas.
- The Las Vegas Strip is the brightest place on Earth when looked at from outer space.
- Approximately 34% of thefts and cheating in Las Vegas casinos are committed by staff.
- 15 of the world’s top 25 hotels are located in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas has a “black book,” a list of people who are banned from setting foot in any casino in the city.
- The largest sum won on the Las Vegas slots was at the Excalibur. After putting in $100, a 25 year-old software engineer won $39 million, beating the odds at the time for 1 in 16.7 million